Birthdays are great opportunities to look back on who you’ve become. Each year is a new opportunity to become a better version of yourself and to make new goals for the upcoming year. Today is my 25th birthday. Something about this Birthday feels a little different. The fact that I am going to be a mother soon probably has something to do with that. This provides me with even more initiative to think about who I am as a person and how I can be a better me. Your twenties are not easy. They are all about finding yourself and getting comfortable with who you are. So, today I am sharing 25 things I have learned about myself!
1. I am not a homebody.
2. I feel like I can’t focus on anything when the apartment is a mess.
3. I am obsessed with old movies from the 1950s.
4. I will always do my makeup before anything else when getting ready.
5. I am not a big music person.
6. I am terrible at keeping my nails painted on my own.
7. I don’t really like cooking. But I do like being in control of what ingredients go into a meal.
8. I wear heels almost everyday because when I take them off, I remember how short I actually am. I’m 5’3 if you are curious.
9. My whole closet would probably be all lace if I wasn’t a fashion blogger.
10. I can’t watch a full movie without pausing it several times to do something else.
11. I love rosé, but hate White Zinfandel.
12. Macaroons are my dessert of choice.
13. I buy the same things at the grocery store each week.
14. I am a questioner. I question expectations and only do them if they make sense to me.
15. I don’t like to be kissed when I am in the middle of a task.
16. I like to read several books at a time, which leaves me with a lot of unfinished books.
17. I can be shy when I first meet someone, but when I warm up to you I will show you my silly side.
18. I can’t eat a meal without dropping food on myself.
19. I always gain clarity and perspective on outdoor walks.
20. Once I find a product I like, I usually commit to it for a long time.
21. I am lazy about walking my dog. I much prefer cuddle time.
22. I sleep horribly when my husband isn’t home because we actually cuddle like you see in the movies.
23. No matter how hard I try, I cannot get out of bed before hitting snooze three times.
24. If I am in a rush, it is always my hair that gets neglected.
25. I procrastinate on certain tasks that make me nervous or anxious.
Everyday we have opportunities for self discovery. Take note of little moments. Notice how you might always buy the same brand of cereal or follow the same routine everyday. Pay attention to the little things and take joy in finding out little gems that make you unique. There is no finish line. Just one long stroll down the path of self discovery.
Thanks for reading. Cheers to 25!