Having lived in Las Vegas for a little over a year and half, I thought it was about time to create a travel guide. With constant company visiting and weekends out, we have explored quite a bit of this city. Today I am sharing everything you need to know when traveling to Vegas!
This past weekend, the hubs and I went on a little staycation for my birthday weekend and had a lovely time. If you are following me on Instagram or Snapchat (both are glamlifeliving), then you probably saw some of our trip. Don’t forget to comment below if you have any questions. I would be happy to help!
Where to Stay
Because we live in Las Vegas, we have only stayed on the strip on two different occasions. But we have had a lot of friends and family visit and we have been inside almost every single hotel and casino. These are the top places I would recommend staying.
1. The Venetian: This hotel gives you a true feeling of luxury. From the hotel lobby to the glamorous suites, you feel pampered from the start.
2. The Bellagio: Another luxury option, this hotel and casino is the prime location spot on the strip. You are in the center of everything, which will give you easy access to anything on the strip.
3. Paris Hotel and Casino: If you are obsessed with all things French like me, then you will love this hotel. It is a more affordable option in comparison to some of the other luxury stays. And the location is perfect because it is also in the center of the strip. Plus, their pool has a gorgeous view of the Eiffel Tower!
4. Caesars Palace: This is where they stayed in the movie The Hangover. It is another prime location spot with the Omnia Nightclub and Forum Shops.
Where to Avoid:
I wanted to note that staying at the hotels near the end of the strip might make getting around a little more difficult. I also recommend staying on the actual strip because the amount of money you will spend on car services and inconvience will probably equal what you saved on the room. But I also understand sometimes a girl has to budget!
Sightseeing/ Things to Do
1. Conservatory and Botanical Gardens at the Bellagio: This exotic display changes multiple times a year to display gorgeous botanical creations.
2. Bellagio Fountain display: It’s hard to miss this elaborate water display walking the streets of Vegas. But don’t forget to take in the whole show!
3. Welcome to Las Vegas sign: This is so cliché, but you have to do it!
4. Freemont Street (Old Las Vegas): Between the street acts, interesting costumes, live music, and zip lining, there is so much to see and do.
5. Venetian Gondola Ride: This canal in the Venetian makes you feel like you have left Vegas and taken a trip straight to Italy!
6. Madame Toussands Wax Museum: I have been to both the NYC location and the Vegas one, and it is just so fun to stand next to your favorite celebrities in their wax form!
7. High Roller at the Linq: This is the highest observation wheel in the world! You get a gorgeous view of the whole city. We did it at night, which I highly recommend.
8. Red Rock Canyon: If you are looking to get off the strip and get a little exercise, then I recommend driving to this gorgeous canyon for some hiking and scenic views.
Other things to do: Neon Museum, Mob Museum, Stratosphere, New York New York Roller Coaster
1. Miracle Mile Shops: Inside Plant Hollywood, you can easily shop your favorite stores in one easy location.
2. Forum Shops at Caesars Palace: I love the beautiful sky ceiling and fake cobblestone roads that take you through the ultimate display of luxury shops.
3. Fashion Show Mall: This is hands down one of the best malls I have ever been to. I don’t think there is a store that it doesn’t have! They also have runway shows from time to time.
4. North Premium Outlets: Who doesn’t love a good outlet mall?! This outlet center carries both luxury and middle range brands and it is only a few miles from the strip.
Other places to shop: Venetian Canal Shoppes, Town Square, South Premium Outlets
1. 800 Degrees Pizza: This pizza joint is perfect for an easy lunch or dinner option. I have been there a couple of times because they have GF and Vegan options!
2. Sprinkles: This cupcake and ice cream eatery has the cutest pink ATM machine that you can order cupcakes from!
3. Sambalatte: Located by the Monte Carlo, this coffee shop serves the most beautiful rainbow lattes that are totally Instagram picture worthy!
4. In and Out: Need a quick hangover cure? You can’t go wrong with a classic burger and fries from this famous west coast fast food chain! It is actually located near Sprinkles, so stop and get a cupcake after!
5. YardHouse: If you are looking for a nice lunch or dinner location that won’t break the bank, then this is your stop. It is located right by the High Roller and serves a variety of American cusine.
1. Eiffel Tower Restaurant: Located inside the Eiffel Tower, you get the most spectacular view of city and the Bellagio Fountains. It is definitely on the pricey side, but it is hands down the best food I have eaten in Vegas.
2. Mon Ami Gabi: Located next to the Eiffel Tower, this french restaurant is another win. I highly recommend eating outside on the patio so you can watch the fountains while you eat!
3. Wicked Spoon: The word buffet doesn’t usually have me swooning. But this famous buffet located in the Cosmopolitan Hotel has most gourmet food all at your finger tips. I might have snatched a few too many giant chocolate covered strawberries.
4. Buffet at the Wynn: The decor. That’s all I really need to say.
1. Chandelier Bar: This is a great place to start out your night for a few drinks. Grab a few cocktails inside a glamorous chandelier!
2. Omnia Nightclub: Omni is the newest club in Vegas, so you can imagine that it is definitely one of the best. It will surely give you that “Vegas” experience.
3. Hakkansan Nightclub: Located inside MGM, you will not be disappointed by the atmosphere and music. This club will give you all you are looking for in a night out in Vegas.
4. Intrigue: This club is inside the Wynn Hotel and has a gorgeous outdoor pool and bar area. If you still want to be able to move around, but still have a great night out, then this is a good option.
5. Surrender: This is a great Friday night club. It is a nice place to start your Vegas journey. It is located inside the Encore.
Hope you found this guide helpful! And don’t forget to comment below if you have any questions. Safe travels!